At The University of Queensland, we understand that in order to stay ahead of the game you need to keep your skills up to date.
Our IWES Gold Coast program, scheduled from 8 – 12 July 2019, will bring leading industry practitioners to the sunshine state to deliver an exciting program of short courses designed to keep you abreast of the latest trends, technologies and practices.
From learning about the principles of wastewater treatment through to understanding emerging chemical and microbial concerns, the Gold Coast program will cover it all. Not sure which course is right for you? Take our quiz to find out.
This year’s IWES program will be held at the QT Hotel Surfers Paradise, and will feature daily networking drinks and an exclusive IWES industry meet-up on Tuesday 9 July 2019. All of which is included in your registration price.
Want to take advantage of early bird pricing but need to ask your boss first? Download our email template and secure your registration.
|Principles of Wastewater Treatment||8 – 12 Jul (5 days)||$3,500||$3,800||30 hours|
|Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation||10 – 12 Jul (3 days)||$2,550||$2,850||18 hours|
|Corrosion and Odour Management in Sewers||8 – 10 Jul (3 days)||$2,550||$2,850||18 hours|
|Drinking Water Treatment: Principles, Practice and Applications||10 – 12 Jul (3 days)||$2,550||$2,850||18 hours|
|Best Practice Drinking Water Quality Management||8 – 9 Jul (2 days)||$1,850||$1,950||12 hours|
|Biosolids Treatment & Management||11 – 12 Jul (2 days)||$1,850||$1,950||12 hours|
|Emerging Chemical & Microbial Concerns in Water||8 – 9 Jul (2 days)||$1,850||$1,950||12 hours|
Registration fees are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
- Attendance to all sessions of your chosen course
- Access to full course notes, worksheets and case studies – provided on USB
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea daily
- Networking evening (available to any participant on Tuesday 9 July 2019)
- Complimentary happy hour daily
- Notepads and pens for your course
- CPD hours awarded for each course
This year IWES Gold Coast 2019 will be based at QT Hotel Surfers Paradise. IWES delegates qualify for a discounted room rate. To access the rate, please call (+61 7 5584 1200) or download the Conference Accommodation Form for delegates and follow instructions listed.
The Gold Coast is just a 50-minute drive from Brisbane, the capital of Queensland and just 20 minutes from Coolangatta where there is a well-serviced domestic airport.
Setting a new standard for designer hotels in Surfers Paradise, QT Gold Coast Hotel is deliberately intended to inspire conversation and arrest the senses. Guests to our accommodation in Gold Coast can indulge in the vibrant beachside location at Surfers Paradise and the unique Gold Coast atmosphere.
Address: 7 Staghorn Avenue, Surfers Paradise
DAILY COURSE SCHEDULE
All courses are scheduled to start at 9:00 am and finish at 5:00 pm each day. On the first day, we advise that you plan to arrive by 8:30 am, in order to register, collect your course materials and locate your training room. Please refer to your course confirmation email for any course specifics e.g. timings, site tour requirements etc.
IWES Networking Complimentary Drinks will start at 5:00 pm each day, Monday to Thursday, for all IWES students. We look forward to sharing a well earned drink with you at the end of your course day.
You are also invited to join us on Tuesday 9 July, 5.30pm – 7.30pm for a special networking event with alumni and industry.
- Early bird registration ends 11.59pm Sunday 16 June.
- Registration price does not include accommodation. Accommodation can be booked directly through QT Hotel.
- UQ alumni and AWA members are eligible for additional 10% discount. Please contact email@example.com for registration. AWA Member and UQ Alumni discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer/discount.
- Cancellation of registration less than 3 weeks before the starting date of a course(s) will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the course price. Alternatively, delegates may send a substitute.
- Payment due 7 days after invoice date.
- Booking is not guaranteed if payment is not made prior to 30 June.
- While every attempt will be made to deliver all advertised courses, IWES reserves the right to cancel individual courses at short notice.
- Only registrations submitted in one transaction qualify for multiple registration discounts (group of 5+ registrants).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.